Pages

Translate

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Sometimes It Lasts In Love...

Sometimes It Lasts In Love...
Sometimes It Hurts

Born 1991, F, from London, United Kingdom
BY-7star-story.blogspot.com 
Black long wavy hair right down to her hips with slight curls at the tips. The white light bounced off her hair resulting in her black locks instantly shining and attracting. Her two hazel eyes with a slight glint stared right into me. Pink soft strawberry swirled lips sat engulfed into her toffee coloured skin. She was wearing her favourite red dress; in fact it was his favourite dress, hence why it was also hers too. Diamond earrings were sparkling from each ear and hovered just above her shoulders. This was what I saw before me. My reflection. Every aspect of my appearance was carefully prepared to match his liking.

My heart pounded not knowing how the night would end but I knew it had to be today, otherwise I knew I would never get a chance again. I re-adjusted my dress and checked every aspect of my body checking them off in my mind. I sighed and looked over to my clock on my bed-sit. It was almost time; I had an hour left to panic before seeing him. C’mon pull yourself together, I thought to myself. Calmly I sat on my bed and looked at the pairs of shoes I had in front of me not knowing which one to choose. I carefully analysed each pair of suitable shoes I owned. Still I couldn't figure out which ones to wear with this tight red dress. I looked towards my black heels and then darted my vision to the red pumps. Why was life so difficult? I starred at the black heels and suddenly remembered he had commented on them before. In fact he didn't just comment on them, he bought them for me for my birthday.

"I don't know why but for some reason I just had to buy you them babe, I know you would make them look amazing!" He smiled at me whilst handing me the box.

"What do you mean I would make THEM look amazing?" I questioned him not being able to stop myself from giggling. I took the black box and opened it up to see a pair of black heels. They shimmered in the glow of the light. I hugged him tight with a big smile on my face. The thing is he didn't know that I had looked at these shoes just the night before wishing I owned them, it was as though he had read my mind!

BZZZZZZZZZZZ... I started looking around my environment confused. I realised it was just another one of my sweetest memories I had of us. I looked towards my phone to realise it was flashing up. CRAP! I jumped off my bed and picked up my phone, "Hello.".... I looked at my clock, I was going to be late! "yeaaaaaah, I’ll be there!!!!" I hung up the phone and chucked it into my bag. Picked up the keys from my bed and ran out of my house. I couldn't stop thinking about him and how happy I was just about to make him as well as myself. well, I was already happy.

I hurriedly walked down towards the end of my road just until I could see our place, the "coffee lounge". This had been our secret place which no-one else knew about. I guess it had become special because this is where we had first met, where we go to meet each other away from the rest of the world and where we would go to just be alone. I slowed my pace now as I could see the shop sign. I felt a sudden rush flow up my body at the thought of him finally hearing what I was about to say, the thought of him booming with happiness from what I was about to say. This was the perfect time to tell him.

I stood outside the store and looked in to see if he was there. I pressed myself against the door to get a better view but no sign of him. Only the heat of my breath seemed to mist up the glass window, "Phew." I opened the door and heard the jingle of the chimes above the door. I smiled as it seemed to suit the happy glow I had oozing from me now. Just as I closed the door behind me I faced round to see a tall handsome man before me grinning. He winked at me as I walked past. It made me blush but I looked away happily, no-one could take his place. I sat in our favourite spot peering at the view through the window knowing that any minute now he would walk in.

By now my nerves had increased and my body decided too against my mind by showing this as I kept exchanging glances between the clock hanging on the beige wall and checking my phone for missed calls or messages. Still no contact from him but then there was still time, I was early. I reached out to the stack of magazines in front of me and pulled one out from the pile to divert my attention elsewhere. I began reading the relationship advice section to find all sorts of dilemmas. I was so involved in a case given by a woman where she found her husband had cheated on her with her best friend, I was shocked that such a situation was even possible.

"That good eh?" I had a familiar voice question me. I looked up to see a smirk on my beloved's face. I had totally forgotten about our meeting and felt so calm until I studied his face in more detail. I couldn't stop looking at him. His lips lured me towards him every minute he spoke. His eyes made mine flutter every moment he blinked. There was no fault I could find in him physically or personally. There was nothing I could do but remain glued to this emotion I was feeling instead of resisting temptation. He waved his hands in front of my eyes and shook me to come back to reality. I guess he must have realised I was studying him too closely as he looked at himself in confusion. Slightly embarrassed I looked away whilst the adrenaline of nerves shot up from my gut to my cheeks.

"About time you showed your face...” I laughed, trying to change the conversation, "I see you're wearing your good luck black top." I said pleasingly. He looked at his top and looked back at me confusingly. He walked towards the counter and ordered my drink whilst I sat waiting for him to return. However I couldn't stop my thoughts from wondering if there was a reason as to why he had been wearing it today of all days, was there a reason why he needed the luck today... whilst being with me? Trying hard not to drift away lost in my thoughts. I smiled unconsciously not realising how stupid I must have looked at him whilst he glanced back at me, but how ironic was it that it happened to be a black coloured top to bring luck to him when it is usually associated with death? It made me even more curious to know the reason of his choice of top as I had complimented him almost every time he wore this shirt.

He must have realised I was daydreaming again whilst he placed our drinks on the table because he rubbed my cheeks to get my attention. However he had never noticed how much I yearned for his affection or a loving gesture of some sort that I closed my eyes to savour this moment and felt the warmth of his fingers sweep my cheek. I moved my head away and looked up at him smiling. I sighed watching him drink his coffee whilst the steam from my hot chocolate was floating towards his face as if it could hardly resist him. The heat of the drink was beginning to bring out a glow in his face and his eyes were glistening in the reflection of the light. I patiently watched his cheeks cool down, the steam coming into the thin air.

He took one look at me and laughed. "Why are you so far away, ey? C’mon!" He chuckled. He picked himself up and sat next to me on the couch sliding his arm across my shoulders and resting his. I watched his face glow in amusement as he finished off his coffee as if he was a child happily moving to the beat of a nursery rhyme, he smiled pleasingly as though he had accomplished his lifetime goal. I poked out my tongue whilst he chuckled at my immaturity.

I gently lay my head on his shoulder as he sat telling me about his day. His voice was all I needed to get me through my days. There was never a day where we didn't talk. The sound of his voice soothed my mind and made me more calm and relaxed, but his hands were doing otherwise. He ran his fingers through my hair then stroked my head, alternating between the two; I couldn't stop smiling no matter how much I tried. The butterflies in my stomach were fluttering throughout my body. I just wanted to get up and fly. I tilted my face to come to a fixed point with his eyes. He paused and looked down at me. Smiled. We held a gaze for a while.

He pulled my hair back from my face and tucked it with the other strands and held my head between his hands carefully as though it was fragile. I stared into his deep hazel eyes but with no other feeling than excitement and happiness. Why was he staring at me? Did I have something on my face? I sat with a puzzled face not sure of what was happening. I felt his fingers brush the side of my cheeks and chills ran up my spine. My cheeks began to glow themselves in excitement. I was staring right into his eyes that I could see my reflection. I didn't want this moment to end... Ever. I knew nothing in my life could ever surplus this right now. It felt as though I was already in heaven, quite frankly I would have been happy if I died right now because I was so sure that my heart was going to explode. It couldn't take any more.

The aroma from his coffee was coming in the heat of his breath and pumping energy throughout my body. He lowered his head and tilted it as though he was analysing me. Nothing could compare to how my mind was buzzing with our memories from these past years. His smile filled my mind, his toffee coloured skin was hypnotising me into a powerful vibe. I felt myself give into this temptation and let him infect me with this feeling as though I was the victim in his mission of affection. My lips trembled trying to utter those words I had always wanted to say. His soft lips lingered over mine, whilst mine wanted to have an overdose and indulge in his. As we finally kissed I could feel myself becoming less tensed and letting myself go, my mind was blank and all I could see was black, but within that I could see his face. A tear slipped from my eye across my cheek and clung to my chin. Those brief moments were insane. Pure magic.

I felt a sudden vibration amongst my arm. "Ughhhh..." I moaned.

"Honey, are you ok?!" He looked at me alarmed. I looked at him blankly and he stared into my eyes expecting an answer. I looked around my environment as I watched him walk away to the counter, checking back to see if I was still there. I looked at my hands to face the magazine I had been reading 5 minutes ago. I had become so absorbed into the magazine that nothing had even happened! I laughed at my fantasy!! How ridiculous, I thought to myself, if my imagination had taken me this far and I had felt these heavenly emotions just by wild thoughts, how would I react when it did happen. I guess I’d soon be finding out I giggled.

I skipped over to him adjusting my dress and moving my hair into place from its scruffy look. I poked him on the back only to feel the rush of adrenaline shoot up from my guts. Oh god. His smile lured me into his eyes, it felt like déjà vu. I no longer had control over my body. I felt like such a hot mess just like how chocolate would melt to the power of the heat rays from the sun. He nudged me with his finger and gleamed with happiness.

"Sweetie..." He paused and grinned, "Tonight is going to be my lucky day!" He shouted. I felt the excitement from him contagious, I began to get excited myself for an unknown reason. He pulled me by my waist. We were so close I knew this was going to be the end of my wait. He was going to give my heart a break from the ache, any minute now. I blushed realising how close we were. He leant forward and whispered into my ear, "I hope you like her."

HER?! I looked at him disgusted, not meaning to. I pulled back confused. "Hey you," a voice hovered from behind. I couldn't recognise it, but amongst my confusion in the events he had already swung round and locked into a conversation with a brunette curled figure. I peered over his shoulder to catch a glimpse of her. Her blue eyes sparkled with surprise. Her hair sat neatly above her chest. Her earrings shimmered through the chestnut strands of hair and swayed from time to time as she moved her head. Her plumped pink lips looked as though they had never been touched but moved elegantly. She glanced at me briefly making an awkward moment between the two of us.

"Hello." I smiled at her trying to break the ice. She waved back to me and smiled.

"Oh, sorry babe, I totally forgot you were here! This is Louise. Louise this is my best friend." He said whilst acquainting us.

"I've heard a lot about you." She replied. Her eyes beamed in amazement. The glint in her eyes gave away how happy she was. His eyes wondered back and forth between us two as he stood in the middle. Who was Louise I wondered? I watched her stroke his arm as he twisted her curls. If I didn't know any better I would say there was definitely something going on, they couldn't have been any more obvious.

"Ohhhh my god. So don't get angry with me or anything... but you remember when we first started talking I told you about my ex...” I nodded, "... Well, we started talking again and well our families got to know that we had been in contact and well you know how it is when the parents know." He smirked. I was still confused, he must have guessed by my blank expression as a reply to his statement. "THAT'S her!" He exclaimed. "She's my ex. I wanted you both to meet, that's why I had kept it a secret all this long and not told you about anything."

"She seems nice," I replied back. I watched her look at us from behind, at the counter. We were sitting on the couch, me on the single and him on the double. It was almost as if this was a sign to show me how fate was going to turn out, but during the moment I had not really picked up on it. "Hmm, I still don't get why the secrecy if you're just talking to her you goof?"

"Well... isn't it obvious you dork...” he paused for a brief while, looked back at her and leaned towards me and whispered, "...we're getting back together. That's why I wanted you ladies to finally meet. I mean you're MY best friend and well, she's my girlfriend. I want you both to get along with each other. Just give it a go please?" He begged.

I felt like I had become abandoned, as though I was a child and my teddy had just been forcefully taken away from me. I bit my lip trying ever so hard to not let my tears fall and show that I was weak. I gulped the meaningless words down my throat and engulfed the shattered pieces of my heart. Slowly I began to edge a smile out through my face and nodded. He jumped up and hugged me. I think in all the years I had known him that was the first time I had ever seen him so happy. I realised he had dimples digging into his cheeks for the very first time in my whole life; they had been hidden all these years! As I watched him disappear towards her, I ran towards the toilet knowing that I had to sort myself out before either of them had noticed I was a mess.

I pushed the door open and checked to make sure the rest of the cubicles were free. I felt as though I was about to throw up, my head was spinning. Tears began to fall down one by one into a gush of an uncontrollable waterfall sliding off my face in all directions possible. I collapsed to the floor not understanding why this was happening. These feelings had never been felt before. I felt as though I had just been stabbed in the heart and it had been ripped out to make myself feel numb. It felt as though I just had a black hole in me. How was it that I seemed to know everything about him from what he did in the morning until he slept, everything that happened from the day he could remember till today? Perhaps it was me who had taken it all wrong. I questioned myself, my thoughts and my actions. Maybe I was in the wrong. I didn't know any more. I walked into one of the cubicles and sat myself on top of the toilet there hoping that no-one will find me here.

I knew I had lost the battle when he mentioned that she was his ex. She was the long lost love he would always talk to me about. I always thought that there was never a chance they would get back together again. I guess I was wrong. I sobbed for a few minutes until I saw my screensaver on my phone light up, it was a picture of me and him. I really did love him, but I realised the feeling was never mutual and never would be. Seeing his face had taken away a part of my despair. My mind was clustered with so many thoughts but this wasn't the time or place, besides he would have wondered where I had gone. I knew that I would have to go back out there and behave as everything was fine, as if it was all normal and I had no emotions what so ever. But I was ready to play that part. I had to be.

I checked my face in the mirror and wiped away the tears that had dried on my face. I knew that by now I had no tears left to fall, certain that during my crisis there wouldn't have been enough tissues in the world to soak up my tears. I looked at my reflection for one last time and checked to make sure that I looked like the same bubbly girl he called his best friend. I practised my smiles in the mirror before leaving, they almost looked real and it would have to do.

I stood by the doors, sighed and pushed them out. There he was standing with a grin on his face. I laughed at him whilst Louise stood there grinning. He swung his arm around onto my shoulders and walked me up to her. I looked at the voluptuous curvy figure in front of me, hugged her tightly and said, "He's a good guy, I'm happy for you two." I never imagined I would've been able to say that. Quite frankly I thought as soon as I walked up to her I would have set off crying, but instead those words came out straight from my heart. They were genuine. She interlocked his hands with hers and smiled kindly before placing themselves on the sofa. I watched them become so fascinated by their conversation that they had forgotten I was standing there.

Realising this was my cue to leave, I walked over to the counter to get some water so I could breathe again, to get rid of the gut feeling I had around my stomach. One member of the staff walked towards me and asked what I had wanted.

"Ok, give me a minute, I’ll get you some," He replied, "By the way... I hope you don’t mind me saying this but... it's his loss that he chose her over you. He's had you at his side for 10 years now and has been so blind to not realise everything he needs was always right there."

I looked up at him once realising what he said. HOW did he know? I was baffled. "But..."

He quickly interrupted me before I could finish off my sentence, "Who knows, maybe you'll make another guy lucky." He winked. I felt myself blush but happy upon hearing those words. For some reason it gave me some assurance. I knew that in the upcoming years now I was going to have to be entirely happy with them being together, which was hard but it had to be done. I wouldn't want anything for him but happiness. If that was with her he would always have my blessing. I still loved him none the less, I had to find a way to not show those feelings any more and let them go. That was my goal.

I looked into the eyes of this stranger and felt at ease. I looked back at the love birds and then at this man, who had planted a seed of hope within me, "Maybe" I replied smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment