Pages

Translate

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Heartbeat Away

              Heartbeat Away

 
 

Born 1997 = Indonesia 
by7star-story.blogspot.com

Shafira stayed in front of the library room, upstairs. She was accompanied with her schoolmate from a different class, Kenny. She looked around the school yard, in the school. Soft evening wind played her hijab, waved it playfully. She just enjoyed it without any burden.
"Actually, what are you doing here, right now, with me?", Kenny asked in curiosity.
Shafira smiled. She didn't give any answer.
Kenny felt more curious. "I can't understand..."
"You'll know it after a few moments," Shafira answered, mysteriously. She kept staring at the school yard, as she was waiting for someone or something to pass there.
And, that was right. Shafira suddenly looked stiff. Her eyes didn't move from what she was looking at, in the school yard. Her mouth opened, as there were butterflies in her stomach. Then, she smiled as she was falling in love, in awe.
Kenny caught her friend's strange behavior. She took a snoop into the school yard. She then grinned, finally she knew what Shafira was looking for. It was a boy... who stood a few meters away from their place. Brown scout uniform, scout hat, red-white tie, loafers on his shoes, and rope with whistle on his right shoulder. He was John, Shafira's old classmate, a scout boy, and Shafira's crush. Kenny laughed mischievously.
"Are you waiting for him?", Kenny asked. "It's Saturday and he has a scout event for tenth grade students. He is a senior and he will hold the event together with other seniors. He won't be home till tomorrow noon."
"I know that," Shafira answered. "That's why am I here."
"Huh?" Kenny's forehead frowned. Meanwhile Shafira just smiled lightly while she looked at John who still stayed on his place.
"Oh, Shafie...", Kenny sighed. "You still have that old habit, hm?"
Shafira shook her head, which meant "yes". She used her right hand to handle her head, then looked up to the sky, daydreaming.
"Shafie," Kenny said, pityingly. "He won't know forever if you don't tell him your feeling toward him. doesn't it hurt you?"
"Of course," Shafira answered, and took a long sigh. "But, I'm brave less. I know that. And I think, Hiding everything is better..."
"It's false, a big false!" Kenny exclaimed, almost screamed. "You'll hurt forever, and he'll leave you carelessly. Are you happy with that fact?"
Shafira lifted her shoulders. "I don't know."
"You must tell him, at least," said Kenny.
"But, it's useless," Shafira denied. "I just like him. I don't love him..."
"Whatever you feel, Shafie," told Kenny, "One thing you must know, you must speak up your feeling, or it will torture you, forever."
Once again Shafira just took a long sigh. She couldn't speak anything. She just stared at John, hopelessly.
"I'm curious one thing about you, Shafie," Kenny said. "How can you hold the pain for this far?"
"I don't know," Shafira answered, as she stared at John who was walking away, disappeared in the aisle. "I just let my feelings flow."
"Huh?" Kenny muttered, confused.
"I didn't act too over in front of him," Shafira said, looking at Kenny with her thin smile. "I did act as usual. It wouldn't hurt me. And, I think, John already knows. He has a strong feeling. He's sensitive, you know?"
"I don't understand," Kenny replied.
"If I let my feelings flow," Shafira said, looking into the school yard, "Automatically my behaviors show everything in my heart. I don't need words to tell him what's happening in my heart. He will know himself, if he realizes it."
"I never thought about that before...", Kenny said, awfully. "Then, do you often feel the yearning in your heart?"
"Of course," Shafira answered. "I almost feel that everyday. I like to see him smiling, talking, laughing, even crying. Those things leave this kind of yearning. I miss him so much then~"
"So, you think you are not having to tell him?" Kenny concluded.
"Right!" Shafira smiled brightly. "It's simple, isn't it?"
"Ah, I just understand your mind right now," Kenny nodded her head. "You're so simple."
Shafira laughed happily. "If something is simple, we don't need to make it complicated. Right?"
The girlfriends were laughing happily together. But suddenly they were stopped by someone's calling.
"Hey, both of you!" shouted the voice from the schoolyard. "What are you doing there?"
Shafira and Kenny looked at the voice source, from the schoolyard. And, yup, Shafira's eyes were widened as she saw who was making the voice. It was John, standing, looking curiously at them with his hands folded in front of his chest.
"Shafie," Kenny's soft voice woke Shafira up. She was back alive then. She realized she must answer a question.
"Oh," Shafira exclaimed. "Nothing. We do nothing here. Just daydreaming."
Oh! It was a silly answer. Shafira knew that. She became ashamed after she saw John's frowning forehead.
"You mean?" John asked. "How can you laugh after you were daydreaming? What did you think? You both laughed so hard!"
"Oops," Shafira covered her mouth with her hands. She shook her head. "I'm oh! We're sorry. We don't know that. would you forgive us?"
John was grinning, smiling in fun. "Well, I forgive you. But, don't do it again. Hm?"
"Okay, sergeant!" Shafira replied loudly. She put her right hand to her right eyebrow as her admiration toward John.
John laughed. "I'm not a sergeant yet," he replied, then put his right hand to his right eyebrow too, before he left.
Shafira looked at his back as he walked away, smiling happily. Her smile grew wider when one time John turned around, looked and smiled at her, then turned back again to his direction. Kenny, who just stayed in silence, looked at them both in amazement.
"Whoa... How cute you both are...", Kenny muttered. "Seemed you both were teasing each other..."
"We weren't," Shafira smiled. "It was our habit."
Kenny looked at Shafira, who was smiling toward the sky. She understood then. She could feel the love Shafira felt. Shafira's eyes told everything.

THE-END

No comments:

Post a Comment